As of 1st September 2004 Holymoorside Band has been a registered charity. Number 1105388.
The objective of the band is to advance the education of the public through the practice and performance of brass band music by representing and furthering the interests of the brass band movement and all those activities associated with brass bands.
Gift Aid provides an opportunity for donors to increase the value of their donations to charity. Provided they are taxpayers, the charity can reclaim from the Inland Revenue the basic rate tax paid on their gifts. Gift Aid increases the value of donations by 25%. So a donation of £10 from you is worth £12.80 to the charity!
All we need is a simple declaration specifying that you want to use Gift Aid. A declaration can cover one or more donations, and it can be made in the following formats:
- A written declaration made by the donor or a ticked box confirmation by the donor that they wish Gift Aid to apply to the donation.
- A recording of the making of a declaration by the donor or a recording of the donor confirming a declaration where the declaration is pre-recorded by the charity.
- A computer record of a declaration template filled in by the donor and containing a link to the donor’s banking details, an e-mailed copy of a declaration.
- A computer “screen print” of the declaration sent to the charity.
- A scanned image of a declaration.
- A copy of a mobile phone text message confirmation of a declaration.
A declaration form can be found below. If you want to give a donation to the band simply print it off and fill in the form, no signature is required.
More information about Gift Aid can be found at www.gov.uk/claim-gift-aid-online.